Checking out GWT Source code from the SVN
- Check out GWT Code from http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ into d:/gwt
- Check out GWT tools from http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tools/
- Download Ant if you don’t have it. http://apache.hoxt.com/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.7.1-bin.zip and unzip it into d:/ant folder.
- Create user’s variable and Name as GWT_TOOLS and Variable value as D:/gwt_tools
Optional depending upon if you have already configured the ANT on your machine.
- Edit Environment Variables. In System Variable append;D:\ant\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin; to your PATH variable.
- Create user’s variable and Name as ANT_HOME and Variable value as D:\ant\apache-ant-1.7.1
Verify whether ant is set up properly by typing ant on command prompt.
- Change directory to build tools by
typing ‘cd d:/gwt/build-tools’
on Command prompt
- Type ant on command prompt.
- Three Jar files will be created in d:/gwt/build/lib
- cd d:/gwt/dev
- Type ant on command prompt
- gwt-dev-XXX.jar file for respective, linux, mac and windows are
created in d:/gwt/build/lib
- Another jar is created name gwt-dev-oophm.jar. This is the Out of Process Hosted
- Type cd d:/gwt/users and build using ant
- Type cd d:/gwt/servlet and build using ant
- gwt-servlet.jar is created
You can use GWT Latest build and experiment on coolest features of